For this month’s blog, your Pittsburgh dentist did some research to find out some interesting facts about dental implants.
I’ve pulled together the best of the best and compiled a “top-five list” … I’m confident that after reading this, you’ll learn something about implants you didn’t know before.
- Titanium, the material implants are made of, is all around us. You can find it in aircraft engines and frames, spaceships, computers, buildings, sporting equipment, wheelchairs and medical devices.
- Implants date back thousands of years. The Mayans were first to give this restorative treatment a try – more than 1,400 years ago. Evidence shows they used tooth-shaped shells to replace mandibular teeth.
- Avoid cavities. Titanium implants are cavity-resistant. (However, you still need to care for them for long-lasting results!)
- Many people have them. About 3 million Americans have dental implants. And every year, 500,000 implants are placed to complete smiles.
- From dentures to implants … According to a Louisiana State University, nearly 90% of denture wearers who switch to implants find their confidence and smile quota improves!
Is there anything unique or unusual you’ve uncovered about dental implants in Pittsburgh? At Northland Dental Medicine, we always like learning something new! Share your findings with us during your next appointment.
And if you’ve been thinking about dental implants in Pittsburgh … give us a call!
Yours in excellent dental health,
Dr. Michael Corsello, your Pittsburgh dentist